This Privacy Statement summarises how Sumitomo Rubber Australia Pty Ltd (collectively, “we”, “our”, “us” or “franchisor”) and our “City Discount Tyres”,” Ian Diffen City Discount Tyres” and “Marks & Wallings City Discount Tyres” franchise network manages your personal information.
We collect your personal information through direct communication with you for example in person, by telephone or email and from third parties such as our franchisees. You may provide your personal information to us when you:
- purchase any of our products or services at one of our “City Discount Tyres”, “Ian Diffen City Discount Tyres” or “Marks & Wallings City Discount Tyres” franchisees;
- access and interact with us directly or through one of our websites at www.citydiscounttyres.com.au, www.iandiffen.com.au or www.sumitomotyres.com;
- apply for employment with us or one of our franchisees;
- apply for franchisee opportunities with us; or
- apply for a commercial credit account.
Generally the type of personal information we collect is your name, address, telephone number, email and other information that will help us to provide a requested product or service to you. In addition we may collect your bank account or credit card details from you if these details are required for payment of our products.
2. Use and disclosure
We use your personal information to deliver to you, and communicate with you about, our products, services and promotions. We also use your personal information when we are processing and considering any employment, franchisee or credit applications.
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we will be unable to do one or more of the above.
Your personal information may be disclosed within the network between franchisees and as between franchisee and franchisor to enable us to properly conduct the City Discount Tyres business if, for example, you have made an enquiry or complaint relating to a store, and to third parties, for example for us to conduct reference or record checks.
Your personal information may be disclosed to our third party IT service provider in the United States or our related entities including our parent companies, Sumitomo Corporation or Sumitomo Rubber Industries, in Japan. You consent to your personal information being disclosed to these overseas recipients.
3. Access, correction and breach